Sunday, February 13, 2011

2008 Lexus ES350

Sorry I am so late doing this. School has been interfering a bit. Also I needed to get the car clean so I could do this...I hope you all enjoy!

So this review will be on one of the Lexus', the ES350. It uses a 6 speed, 3.5 liter V6, front wheel drive. 



The car has some good features. This one does not have the nav. system in so its a basic radio / 6 disc changer system.  The system is amazing! Great sounds, and in the center console there is a AUX input, so you can hook up your iPod or phone, whatever you use to play music. Now if you don't want to take your eyes off the road to fumble around with the volume, or other controls you can use the steering wheel mounted controls. That uses the volume, favorite radio stations, bluetooth phone with voice commands (only for phone functions), mode (lets you go from FM to AM to AUX to DISC), and the voice command button. Pretty easy to use. However the hands free bluetooth is not very good. When the phone was hooked up, the person on the other end couldn't really hear you, mostly because the microphone for this is right where your right knee is! So that's a feature I hope has gotten improved throughout the years.
More on technology in the car since it is one topic I love. Well Lexus uses the push to start on all models now (except in the SC model). So you have a smartkey* for the car. Most of the time you can keep the "key" in your pocket, or purse. If you want to lock the car push the button on the door handle. To unlock it just open the door. One thing I enjoy is the summer cabin entry thing. You point the "key" at the car and hold the unlock button. All the windows, and sunroof open and lets air in, thus cooling your car. Another feature I like is when you shift the car into R the mirrors tilt down giving you good viability, great for parking and parallel parking! Put the car back into D or P and the mirrors go back to the way they were. Honestly the car is pretty good on technology..Any questions on it ask plz =)








Driving the car is comfortable with an edge of pep to it. The 6-speed automatic is very good. Up-shifts, down-shift are done very well! If you are more for a sporty ride put the car in S-mode and have fun! It starts out in 4'th gear for some odd reason, but just tap the shifter down to 1'st and get going! Very fun driving in sport mode and the car is very responsive in it. Another thing is the ride is so Lexus! That's the only way I can describe it! You can literally go over 70 mph and not really notice! Also, I gotta commend the braking power on this car! I was driving it in the dark and there was a deer in the road about 20-30 feet give or take. Now the car is equipped with brake-assist. So when I hit the brake I stopped in 2 seconds and the seatbelt kept me in place! It saved me and the deer. So if anyone from Lexus is reading this, thank you for the braking power!

Styling I think is pretty awesome. The lights in the front are beautiful and the tail lights are great. The active, curve bi-xenon's or halogen lights (cant remember) are amazing! The curves on the body of the car are seamless and give the car attitude. Chrome accents on the grill, door handles, and around the fog-lights add a elegant touch that shows Lexus means business. Inside the car is leather with nice wood touches on the center console, steering wheel, shifter, and dash area. As I mentioned before the car has elegant curves. Lexus added a curve inside on the dash that is give or take on styling. Some may not like it, it has grown on me.

The car is HUGE in my opinion. When parallel parking the mirror feature I mentioned above it great because the car is so big. Inside you have plenty of room for all passengers. Leg room, head room, knee room, whatever is there. You can easily fit in four passengers. The fifth may be snug depending on size but honestly is not that bad. Trunk space is huge as well. I go to Wildwood, NJ with my family and we pack the trunk 100% full. The trunk holds a lot, but if you are looking to put in furniture or something I would recommend getting a SUV instead. My family has tried and it either involves taking the furniture apart or damage to the interior of the car.

All in all the car is amazing. Rides great, no issues so far, good features, spacious, great styling, good resale value, etc. Its all here. So if your looking to get one I hope this has helped. I should say if you are going to use the bluetooth phone system have Lexus install your phone because it's complicated.
Any questions on the car ask =)

6 comments:

  1. “All in all the car is amazing. Rides great, no issues so far, good features, spacious, great styling, good resale value, etc. Its all here.” - I agree with your good review! Lexus is just that awesome, isn't it? I even know someone who's been driving a Lexus for more than 17 years, and judging from the still immaculate look of his car, it appears that it would last for another 17 years or more! Basil@LexusOfLansing.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the cars are amazing. It's big though. I'm not used to it. So when I do drove it I'm a tad uncomfortable because I don't want to crash it,
      Last I drove it the brakes felt light, like I had to push in more and faster for braking. The brake assist kicks in, but it's a little worry some when I had to stop quickly in new hope.

      Delete
  2. It seems like you love your Lexus so much! Well, who wouldn't love to own a Lexus, right? It’s got all the bells and whistles that you want to have in car. You'll love it even more with its sleek exterior and state-of-the-art interior styling. Plus, the reliability and safety features that you can enjoy. How's your car now, btw?
    Prince Moss @ Lexus of An Arbor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. The car came basic which worked for my mom when she got it, my dad drives it and thinks its good, efficient, and reliable. Unlike the chevy I drive lol. We could've added more but the cars good.
      I notice brake delay lately.

      Delete
  3. My dad has driven a Lexus for about 10 years I think. He is thinking about switching to an E350 4matic Mercedes

    ReplyDelete